The IV Suite Experience
At Marda Loop Naturopathic & Wellness Clinic, our IV treatments are administered in a group setting consisting of six chairs in a cozy, calm environment. It is generally very peaceful with patients reading, snoozing, listening to music or otherwise relaxing throughout the treatment, though sometimes it does get lively with patients chatting and connecting with one another. Tea and water are provided, along with magazines, books and soothing music, but patients are encouraged to bring their own snacks to enjoy during their session if desired (highly recommended for treatments lasting over 60min).
These are times when we can offer the body medicine, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals directly into the bloodstream where they can be delivered at a fast rate to replenish stores and enable the body to heal quickly and effectively.
By putting nutrients directly into the bloodstream we bypass the digestive tract, which would absorb only a fraction of the nutrients we can get in if we use IV Therapy. We also bypass the liver, where many of our nutrients are broken down and become unavailable for use in the body. When we need more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals than what we can get through diet, IV Therapy is the treatment of choice.
✓ B Vitamins
✓ Amino Acids
✓ Herbal Agents
✓ Chelating Agents
✓ Immune Agents
- Delivery of nutrients directly to the target tissues
- Ability to safely deliver higher dose of nutrients without gastrointestinal reactions
- Bypass first pass metabolism in the liver, which selects exactly how much oral nutrient to absorb
- Ability to custom blend formulations based on the need of the patient
- Bypass often sluggish GI system with suboptimal nutrient absorption
Requires an initial visit and relevant blood work for the type of treatment to be administered. To book an appointment – [Link To Initial IV Appointment].
Many people do not know that IV Therapy can treatment many common aliments and in some cases in as little as one treatment. Below are some of the more popular IV treatments administered at the clinic. For pricing information and a full list of IV Therapies offered please see our IV Suite Online Booking page.
This IV bag combines vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, a host of B vitamins, trace minerals and all electrolytes providing the body with the nutrients it needs to run almost all metabolic process in the body, balance electrolytes and foster healing and tissue repair. An all-around nutrient boost, this bag augments immune function, replenishes energy stores, and benefits almost all types of healing. Administration takes 45-60min.
Glutathione is the body’s most potent antioxidant, which is depleted in times of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can be catalyzed by many different process including concussions, tissue injury (including surgical), stress, environmental toxins, the aging process, and strenuous exercise. Replenishing glutathione levels benefits tissue repair, helps to heal from concussions (via its unique ability to cross the blood brain barrier), is anti-aging and vastly improves liver and kidney function. Administration takes 20-30 minutes.
This mini IV offers a quick and immediate boost. Loaded with physiological doses of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and B vitamins, this treatment provides the body with immediately available nutrients to produce energy, boost mood, improve sleep and recover from illness or injury. Administration takes 30-45 minutes. Note: this IV is safe (and recommended!) during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Vitamin C: Intravenous vitamin C is quickly becoming a mainstay in cancer care. Working in a fashion similar to chemotherapy, vitamin C produces hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) in the tissues. Healthy cells have an enzyme called catalase, which degrades H2O2 clearing it from the body. Cancer cells lack this enzyme, thus the H2O2 builds inside the cells to a toxic level killing the cancerous cells while sparing healthy ones. Dosages range from 10-100 grams, and schedules are catered to the individual case. Administration takes 60-150 minutes.
- Radiation Recovery: Tissue damage as a result of radiation therapy can be healed quickly and effectively through the use of IV nutrients. This formula combines the potent antioxidant activity of glutathione with supportive nutrients for both skin healing and optimal utility of glutathione in the body.
- Wound healing: Acting similarly to the IV used in radiation recovery, this IV offers the antioxidant activity of glutathione with supportive nutrients for tissue healing. This treatment is particularly useful pre and post surgery.
Vitamin C in IV treatments falls into two main categories – oxidative and anti-oxidative treatments. Oxidative therapy is generally employed for cancer care and chronic infection, whereas anti-oxidant treatments are used for general health, immune health, allergies and tissue healing. Vitamin C can be administered alone (such as in oxidative treatments) or in combination with vitamins and minerals at a lower dose.
Migraines, headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle spasms and muscle pain area just a few situations that call for immediate relief through relaxation of the musculature. This is a treatment that can stop a migraine dead in its tracks. A custom formulation of magnesium, vitamin B6 and amino acids offers immediate relaxation and acute pain relief. Administration takes 30-40 minutes.
One of the most profound benefits of IV therapy comes in its role in acute infection. This could be anything from the common cold to pneumonia, from an acute injury to a surgical wound. When the body is actively recovering, it demands a high level of nutrients, which can be delivered directly through the bloodstream to affected tissues. Administration takes 60-120min.
This IV offers the potent antioxidant activity of glutathione combined with supportive nutrients for tissue healing. This treatment is particularly useful pre and post surgery and to support healing of soft tissue wounds.
Dehydration can be acute or chronic usually resulting from strenuous exercise, severe illness or poor lifestyle; this of course can lead to fatigue, muscle cramps, weakness and injury. This formulation is custom blended for the patient and can include normal saline alone or can be blended with electrolytes, minerals, vitamins and amino acids as needed.
The formulations listed here merely serve as an introduction to some of the applications and recipes commonly used in our practice. I.V. bags are customized to the needs of the patient, blending vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, botanicals, immune agents, phospholipids, electrolytes and sugars to immediately feed the body with the vital nutrients it needs.